Q: Slow acceleration

Took off fast from toll booth and then about 2 miles down the highway the car stopped accelerating and didn't seem to want to go past 60 - 65 mph. In town it seems to accelerate fine from first gear but any gear above first it accelerates very slowly. No lights came on the instrument panel that are out of the ordinary.

Modern cars have a very complex system that delivers fuel to the engine and rids of the vehicle of exhaust gases. A failure in any part of this system can lead to a car that is slow to accelerate. In the majority of cases, the problem can be traced back to the fuel system. Since there are multiple components that comprise the fuel and emissions system, it’s best to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection; so they can determine what is causing your issues.