Q: Slow accelarating

Why is my Hyundai 2002 slow to accelerate?

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Slow accelerating or lack of power can be caused by a few things. A weak ignition system from lack of spark plug maintenance can hinder engine performance, resulting in the spark plugs needing to be replaced. A fuel filter can start to become clogged and an engine cannot perform well without the proper fuel pressure, so that may need to be replaced. Or, there could be a problem with the transmission. Is the transmission slipping?

If you’d like help further investigating this issue, consider having one of our automotive technician experts come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this acceleration issue for you.

3. Slow accelarating