Q: Slipping tranny, takes about 40 seconds to shift into drive but if I put it into1st takes 5 to 10 seconds.

On top of the tranny issue, I discovered that my tie rod pinion?.. or some bolt that is supposed to be welded onto the frame in order for the tie rod to be functional is cracked due to my ex boyfriend putting it in a ditch on an icy/snowy day... He looked at it and claims it's fine but I'm the mechanic around the house and it's definitely not okay.. ! : There's also power steering problems, overheating excessive draining of coolant( I looked at the hoses while I was underneath the car and the hoses are cracked, old, barely a hose anymore if you ask me (: I'm a hands on type of person I take directions fairly well if its explained in a non complicated bs way.. So video chat if possible I know it's a lot to ask for but I'm in training(: (: 9079535176 is my number thanks

3. Slipping tranny, takes about 40 seconds to shift into drive but if I put it into1st takes 5 to 10 seconds.