Q: Slipping tranny, takes about 40 seconds to shift into drive but if I put it into1st takes 5 to 10 seconds.

On top of the tranny issue, I discovered that my tie rod pinion?.. or some bolt that is supposed to be welded onto the frame in order for the tie rod to be functional is cracked due to my ex boyfriend putting it in a ditch on an icy/snowy day... He looked at it and claims it's fine but I'm the mechanic around the house and it's definitely not okay.. ! : There's also power steering problems, overheating excessive draining of coolant( I looked at the hoses while I was underneath the car and the hoses are cracked, old, barely a hose anymore if you ask me (: I'm a hands on type of person I take directions fairly well if its explained in a non complicated bs way.. So video chat if possible I know it's a lot to ask for but I'm in training(: (: 9079535176 is my number thanks

Unfortunately, yourmechanic is not set up to provide video training and/or advice via video chat. The transmission issue sounds like the transmission may be due for a rebuild. You can try doing a transmission fluid service but odds are, the damage is done. If all the other issues are things that you would like to tackle yourself, a repair manual would be your best bet. Source a repair manual specific to your vehicle either online or through a local auto parts source. There are some good ones to be had. Also, there are plenty of how-to articles and videos online. Search:" How to repair/replace (insert part name) on 2004 Alero". If you want a complete itemized list as to the repairs the vehicle needs, you may want to consider a multi-point vehicle inspection performed by a certified technician. That way, you will know everything the vehicle needs to determine how much you can or want to tackle yourself.

• Slipping tranny, takes about 40 seconds to shift into drive but if I put it into1st takes 5 to 10 seconds.