Q: Slight delay after engaging the starter before it starts and sometimes will not start at all

When I engage the switch the lights dim and I hear one click, sometimes there is a second or 2 delay then it will start after engaging the switch, sometimes it starts just fine and sometimes it will not start at all. sometimes it can take up to 4 or 5 try's taking the key all the way out each time.

What you are describing sounds like a faulty starter solenoid. If you hear a clicking sound when turning the key, it is likely that your starter solenoid may be faulty. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Slight delay after engaging the starter before it starts and sometimes will not start at all