Q: Skoda Octavia rider 1.9tdi, 2007 year

Engine oil leaked and got empty, we started the engine without oil for 5 mins and i did not move the vehicle, after 5 mins, there is a noise started from engine like a tractor, after that i stopped the engine and filled oil but the sound is still remains. could you help me understand what is the problem how we can clear it..

thanks Pavan

Hello.

If you ran the engine without oil, even for a few minutes then it may be possible that serious damage has occurred.

An engine with no oil can quickly develop rod knock, as there is nothing protecting the bearings from metal to metal contact. Rod knock occurs when the bearings wear out to the point of becoming loose and knocking back and forth on the crankshaft journal as the engine rotates. This can result in a tapping knocking sound that changes with RPM speed.

If the sound continued after you added oil, it may be possible that heavier oil is needed, or that the bearings are too far damaged and will need to be replaced.

I’d suggest getting this looked at by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can come to your home and diagnose the engine noise firsthand for an accurate repair.

3. Skoda Octavia rider 1.9tdi, 2007 year