Q: Skipping on #7 cylinder

My pickup has a 350 in it. I just rebuilt the engine, and it had a slight skip on the #7 cylinder. But now it’s worse than it was and then gets even more terrible when the car is low on gas. I’ve replaced the plugs, plug wires and rebuilt the carburetor. But it’s still skipping. Do you have any ideas on this?

Hello. If this occurs more when it is low on gas, then you appear to have a fuel system issue. I would usually check the fuel pressure first. I would then inspect the lines going back to the tank to see if there are any cracks or signs of leakage. If the fuel lines and fuel pump are fine, then the tank needs to be dropped so that the internal lines and strainer can be checked for failure. If you are planning on having this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the misfiring issue and let you know what repairs are necessary.