Q: Single click sound from front brakes?

So for a while now, I’ve noticed when I get in my car and start driving, the first time I press on the brakes, I hear a single click. And that’s it. I don’t hear it any other time. It’s always when it’s been sitting for a while and the first time I press on the brake. I’m thinking it’s maybe a worn ball joint?

This is something that is somewhat common and is typically related to the brake light switch. The switch has a small plunger on it that is activated when the brake pedal is pushed. Occasionally, this will begin to wear out causing the clicking sound you describe. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle.

3. Single click sound from front brakes?