Q: Since the starter was replaced in 2014, is it possible that the starter needs replaced again as car is not able to start?

The car had about 43,000 miles on it at the time the starter was replaced in 2014. My daughter was unable to start the car yesterday afternoon. Battery was new within last year as well as turpentine belt. Waiting on estimate but was told by towing company that they are thinking the starter will need replaced. Seems odd to me that a starter that is less than 2 years old would need replaced again. I would appreciate any advice you can give me. Thanks.

It would help knowing the model of Mercury car you have for more specific advice. It would be uncommon for a starter to only last less than two years. I would have the starting system diagnosed by a trustworthy technician to make sure you do not have a bad cable that is not getting enough power to the starter.

3. Since the starter was replaced in 2014, is it possible that the starter needs replaced again as car is not able to start?