Q: Since day one-21/2 months since I got new Grand Cherokee, the brakes have felt spongy-dealership says brakes are reacting ok.

Bought new Grand Cherokee-2017, in late November 2016, had truck built. After taking possession and driving home, the brakes felt soft, spongy, like I had to apply extra foot pressure in bringing truck to a stop. Feel uneasy when coming down a hill and have to stop at a light. Informed the dealership, and mechanic said the brakes were fine. I have had seven Grand Cherkoee's since 2000, and again these brakes feel soft what should I do?. The truck has a little over 5000 miles on it, mostly expressway driving, I commute to work driving 70 miles round trip each day.

I would recommend you go to the dealership and talk to the salesman who sold you the Jeep and ask to road test a new Jeep on the lot. Now you will be able to compare the other new vehicle to your own. You can then compare the same year vehicles to see if the brakes feel the same. You cannot compare your year vehicle with older models since they may have been built with a different design system. If after road testing the other new vehicle it feels less spongy than yours does then you have something to go to the service department with to back up your claim.

• Since day one-21/2 months since I got new Grand Cherokee, the brakes have felt spongy-dealership says brakes are reacting ok.