Q: Silverado only turn on when I press brakes

2001 Silverado . I need to press the brakes for the truck to turn on other wise it doesn't start

A: There is no connection between your brake l...

There is no connection between your brake lights and starting system of the vehicle. It may be that when you push on the brake pedal you are moving a wire harness under the dash that has a bad connection to the ignition switch from a loose or corroded connection. If you have or had an aftermarket alarm system in your vehicle then the connections to or inside the alarm module may be bad and causing the no crank. Check under the dash and see if when the brake is pushed it is moving a harness. If not, it’s also possible that there is a bad ground somewhere, or a wiring issue that is causing the ignition switch to ground through the brake pedal switch. If you need help diagnosing the problem, I would suggest calling a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic.