Q: Significant cloud of blue smoke from exhaust noticed when I had been coasting for a short time then hit the gas.

My wife has followed me in her car and mentioned that occasionally there was blue smoke coming from my exhaust. She said it was not a constant flow of blue smoke. I have notice in the rear view mirror it seems to be significant when I coast for a while then give it a significant amount of gas. I am putting a quart of oil in probably every couple months or so and I drive about 1,000 miles per month. I wanted to drive the car one more year then trade it at the end of 2017 but I don't want to get into a significant costly repair before I do.

3. Significant cloud of blue smoke from exhaust noticed when I had been coasting for a short time then hit the gas.