Q: Shuts down as soon as foot is taken off accelerator. BUT isn't smooth when kept running. It vibrates. Shakes

The vehicle does not stay on if foot is taken off accelerator. But when I drive it kind of lags struggles. It also has strong fuel smell. It also recently smelt like burnt rubbery when I left it on neutral and upped the rpm's

Hi there. If you smell fuel and are having acceleration issues, it is more likely than not that you have a fuel leak under the hood of your Subaru Legacy. This can be caused by a damaged fuel system connector, fuel line or other fuel system components. In order to determine what is specifically leaking and to determine what needs to be repaired to resolve this issue, a car to slow to accelerate inspection should be completed by a professional mobile mechanic.

3. Shuts down as soon as foot is taken off accelerator. BUT isn't smooth when kept running. It vibrates. Shakes