Q: Shut off while driving and won't turn on.

So I was driving and my car wasn't accelerating then would lunge forward. It did this a few times them it shut off and won't turn on

Hello, There are a few things that may cause this to happen. Any time a major system in the vehicle has an error detected by the engine management system, this can cause it to shut down or reduce power by going into "safe mode" to prevent further damage to the car. This can happen for many different reasons and is usually accompanied by a check engine light in the dash. This causes a fault code to be stored in the computer which will indicate more specifically what went wrong. The best way to have this diagnosed is to have a qualified mechanic come to your location to diagnose using a scanning tool which will download these codes. The lunging forward problem you describe sounds like it may have to do with the transmission either being low on transmission fluid or potentially having a faulty speed sensor or control module. A faulty transmission control module may cause a delay in acceleration or erratic shifting of gears. The transmission control module has various sensors such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform it’s function. Any of these may also affect the way the transmission control module performs and controls the transmission and the shifting of your vehicle. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your transmission problem.

3. Shut off while driving and won't turn on.