Q: Should i just put oil in it

I was driving down the road and the oil light lit up saying oil maintenance red triangle red light

The oil maintenance reminder light on all Lexus models comes on when an oil and oil filter change is required. However, if you have not checked the engine oil level (on the dipstick) for some time, you should do so now, regardless of when you intend to change the oil. You just want to be sure you are not operating the engine with an inadequate amount of oil. Oil change intervals on the Lexus are determined by the vehicle’s engine oil change monitoring system. A message on your instrument panel will alert you when it is necessary to change the oil. The change interval is based on a computer algorithm and is "duty cycle based". Consequently, the oil change interval is not fixed and will vary depending on personal driving style and drivings conditions. For example, lots of short trips will necessitate a more frequent oil change than if your driving mileage is accumulated under continuous highway driving. An engine computer keeps track of all the required data, processes the data, and then the car’s messaging system lets you know when to change the oil. Changing your oil at the required interval is very important because that removes dirt and contaminants and newer cars with all sort of oil actuated mechanisms, such as variable valve timing, need very clean oil. YourMechanic offers oil and filter changes during mobile visits right to your location and you should certainly avail yourself of that service as the cost is lower and the service is much more personalized than at a shop or dealer. If you have additional concerns, don’t hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. Should i just put oil in it