Q: Should I have the cam shaft sensor changed before the timing chain or just do it all together?

The check engine light came on and the truck wouldn't go faster than 10mph. The mechanic said the code came up for cam shaft sensor. After researching I found that Infiniti is replacing the timing chain and its parts due to alot of issues. The sensor is located close to that so will they end up replacing that too?

Hello. This is a matter of personal preference. There is no mechanical reason to replace one because the other is not working properly. However, if there are known issues related to the timing chain in your car and you do not mind spending the money, I would recommend replacing the sensor and timing chain all at the same time as you may save a little bit of money on labor costs.

3. Should I have the cam shaft sensor changed before the timing chain or just do it all together?