Q: Should I get a used transmission or get mine rebuilt?

When My Car Is In Drive It Won't Go Forward If Only Goes In Reverse So I Got My Transmission Took Out To See What Was Weong An They Found Metal Inside The Fluid Pan So By It Being That Do U Think It's Pointless To Get It Rebuilt Or Jus Take My Chances With Another One???

I would certainly compare the prices of both options before making a decision. The most reliable route to take would be doing both. Having a transmission that has already been rebuilt installed in your vehicle will ultimately save on labor costs and will ensure that a good transmission is going into your vehicle.

Rebuilt transmissions have a lot better chance of lasting a long time in your vehicle than just taking a transmission from another vehicle and installing it in yours. However, having your transmission rebuilt will be costly in labor time. This is why I would recommend having a transmission that is already rebuilt installed in your vehicle for best reliability and least labor time.