Q: Q: Should I change my engine oil?

I changed my oil last August 2015 before I left to study abroad. I've only drive about 500 miles on this oil change since then. I'm coming back home in 1 week, should I consider changing my oil? It's been about 8 months since that change but I have barely driven in it since then. Thoughts?

Hello. You should be just fine to drive the vehicle without changing the oil again. I would check the level again just to confirm that nothing occurred while you were gone. If it appears to be fine then go ahead and drive it. You really only need to change your oil at the recommended mileage or once a year. If you want to have someone look at it before you drive it, as a certified mechanic can come take a look at your oil it just to make sure everything is fine.

3. Q: Should I change my engine oil?