Q: Should I be able to spin front wheel by hand while other wheel is on the ground

Clicking noise coming front front driveshaft. Clunking sound followed by whine when driven

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Make sure that you are not in four-wheel drive mode. Sometimes when the hubs lock, they make a clunking noise and the whining noise could be a gear noise from the transfer box being engaged. It is normal for the differential to allow one wheel to turn while the other is on the ground. That allows your wheels to spin at different speeds when turning a corner. If you want to have this looked at, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the clicking noise and perform the proper repair.

3. Should I be able to spin front wheel by hand while other wheel is on the ground