Q: Short shifter moving up and down

The short shifter that was installed is moving up and down, but I am still able to drive and shift gears. The shifter feels unattached.

If your shifter is functioning, but feeling sloppy, then that may be a sign that the shifter bushing may be worn or damaged, or that that there is an incorrect or a low quality shifter that has been installed. I would recommend verifying that the correct shifter has been installed, and if it have it checked to see if the shifter bushing is not excessively worn or damaged. If you are unsure about either of the two, this is something that any professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, should be able to help you with.

3. Short shifter moving up and down