Q: Short shifter moving up and down

The short shifter that was installed is moving up and down, but I am still able to drive and shift gears. The shifter feels unattached.

3. Short shifter moving up and down

Q: My car idles poorly and loses power when I accelerate

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a dirty or failing idle air control valve causing your engine idle to fluctuate and eventually stall. The idle air control valve is a small valve on the engine's intake system that...

Q: Possible alternator problem

Hi. An illuminated dashboard charging light is almost a sure sign that the alternator needs to be replaced. If the light is not on and you suspect a problem with the alternator, there are a few ways to test it....

Q: Key won't come out of ignition

Carmakers are required to put an interlock on their cars that prevents the key from being withdrawn from the switch unless the vehicle is in park. Some of the systems us electronic switches and actuators and some just run a...