Q: Short in the wiring

The car will run perfectly for about 15 minutes, and then dies. New battery, new alterator, 3 mechanics have looked at it and can't find the short..

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. There is ...

Hi there, thanks for writing in.

There is a host of things that could be causing your stalling issue, most of which are impossible to check without being in front of the car. The one that comes to mind first and foremost would be a failing idle air control (IAC) valve. It could also be attributed to a failing crankshaft position sensor, or a failing powertrain control module, or any number of failed components. The first step would be to scan the PCM for faults to see if anything is indicated, then move on from there. This is a problem that should be diagnosed by a qualified professional, such as one available from YourMechanic.