Q: Shop says my coolant system hoses need to be replaced immediately. What does that mean? 2010 Chrysler 300

Wife had oil change done today, shop said coolant system hoses need replaced immediately. What or how soon should I get it done? What is wrong with hoses?

Hi there - your shop may be legitimately looking out for you by warning that your radiator/coolant hoses need replacement. They do "age" with both heat cycles (hot/cold/hot/cold) and time - ozone in the air damages all rubber over time. If they have not been replaced since new, it is a cheap investment to replace all your coolant hoses at this point. Radiator hoses are most susceptible to failure simply because of their larger diameter. I would recommend a radiator hose replacement - both of them, by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and make this repair.

3. Shop says my coolant system hoses need to be replaced immediately. What does that mean? 2010 Chrysler 300