Q: shifting/transmission

Our car will get to about 30ish and not shift. We've changes the shifting solenoid and input/output. however we now believe that it is the transmission. What years would fit the 02 neon? would a 05 transmission fit? or even another car with same type transmission.

It is possible that the transmission itself is causing this issue. I would recommend to have the [transmission professionally inspected]https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/grinding-sound-from-transmission-inspection) before you have it replaced. Consider YourMechanic for this inspection as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to determine the cause of your transmission issue for you. If it is determined that your transmission needs replacement, which transmissions will fit will depend on the model of transmission your vehicle has. It is possible that this transmission was used in other vehicles as well. I would consult with your local dealership to verify compatability of any transmission you are considering buying.

3. shifting/transmission