Q: Shifting too slow p0106

I have trouble every time I begin to accelerate the car. It doesn’t pull out like it should, and when I accelerate a little more the gears change more slowly than usual. I stopped by an AutoZone the other day to check out my engine and it got the code p0106 a map sensor that said it was a large vacuum leak. What’s causing this and how can I fix it?

A: Hello. This is actually a common issue on t...

Hello. This is actually a common issue on this car. I usually start by making sure that all of the intake tubes are installed tight and correctly and that there are not any leaking vacuum lines. If those are all fine, then it is more than likely the air flow meter. This is the most common failure on this vehicle to cause this.

I usually install my scan tool and monitor the reading from this sensor to verify that it is reading incorrectly. If it is, then I replace the MAP sensor. If not, then further testing must be done. If you need help having this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair the shifting problem, as well as any other issues that may be occurring.