Q: Q: Shifting problems

I bought this car and drive it in 2wd for about a week just fine. Today I took it to the snow and put it into 4wd. When I left and tried to get it back into 2wd I noticed my truck is riding rough, like it's bouncing and when I hit the gas it tries to shift back into 4wd or neutral. It won't stay locked into 2wd.. I've read some articles and think it might be a transfer case issue but I have no idea please help

Hi there. We have seen this issue with several Dodge Ram’s in recent years. Beyond internal differential problems, two items that tend to create this issue include the 4WD selector switch and the wiring harness for the four wheel drive selector switch. Over time rubbing on the drive shaft causes it to break its’ connection, and prevents you from shifting your Dakota into four wheel drive. The switch itself can become damaged over extended periods of time. You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a four wheel drive inspection so they can determine what is causing this issue.

3. Q: Shifting problems