Q: Shifting issues

03 frontier with roughly 168000 miles. Automatic. It has a hard time shifting gears and u have to barely touch the gas to get it to shift or the rpms will go all the way to 6 instantly also you have to put it in "2" for it to switch to second gear. If you make it to third gear it will not switch to any other gear at all.. The rpms are staying very high and you have to have over drive on or you will not go anywhere at all. Also will not go past 55 mph. I was thinking maybe its the TPS any advice would be helpful

If the rpms are high and the vehicle speed doesn’t seem to match the rpms, the transmission may be slipping. The clutch packs within the transmission can be worn enough to make the engine rev higher without the vehicle speed matching the rpms. A faulty tps or any other sensor will not cause the engine rpms to rev high without the vehicle speed matching them. It might be best to take the vehicle to a transmission specialist for an inspection / diagnosis.