Q: Shifter not working

My shifter is not working. The taillights and brake lights also need to be fixed.

A: Hello. Your tail lights and brake lights co...

Hello. Your tail lights and brake lights could be fixed by replacing the bulbs that aren't working. If that doesn't fix the problem, it is possible that there could be a problem with the fuses and relays. As to the shifter, there are a few things that could cause it to stop working. The shifter cables could be disconnected at the shifter itself, or at the transmission. There could also be a problem with the neutral safety switch, which would prevent the car from going into gear or from starting at all. A certified technician can diagnose the problem with your lights and your shifter in order to pinpoint the problem and complete necessary repairs.