Q: shift problem

THE SHIFTER CONTROLER IS NOT SWITCHIN PROPERLY FROM PARK TO DRIVE AND IS NOT SHOWING WHAT GEAR ITS IN ON THE DASHBOARD

A: Hi there. The issue with your shift proble...

Hi there. The issue with your shift problems are the shift range selector sensor on the transmission has failed. Remove the range selector sensor on the transmission and replace it with a new one. The contacts were shorted inside the sensor and making the computer think the vehicle is in gear. Also, if the shifter is having problems with shifting into gear, then the shifter cable could be loose or broken. If you need further assistance diagnosing your shifting issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic.