Q: Shaky tires, but dealership says they are fine

The tires on my car have been shaky so I took it to the dealership. The sales manager said there was nothing wrong with my car. The tires were destroyed in the last 10,000. I went to a different Volvo dealer and was also told there that nothing was wrong. The dealer replaced the tires. The tires still feel shaky. This is the 3rd pair of tires, at 50,000. Can you suggest what needs to be done to remove the shakiness in the tires?

Escalate this issue to Volvo Customer Service for North America. This is not normal tire wear. Volvo delivered these cars from the factory with excessive negative camber settings for the rear suspension that causes tire cupping. There is a Volvo Service Bulletin provided to dealers to address this issue: Uneven Rear Tire Wear, Correction of Excessive Negative Camber is Retailer Technical Journal RTJ15309-2009-12-16. The RTJ calls for the replacement of the rear upper control arms with part number 31201356 which reduces the camber by ~ 0.7 deg. It is applicable to 2007-2010 C30 models. I believe the replacement only applies to cars under warranty, but the same control arms should be available for installation, then re-alignment. This should get rid of future cupping of rear tires.