Q: Shaky suspension - 1995 Mercedes Benz E420

Rattling and shaky while driving over bumps, drives nicely on highway. I have new tires. Steering wheel is straight, only shakes a lot over bumps..

A: Given the amount of mileage on your car, th...

Given the amount of mileage on your car, this may suggest worn out shocks and struts. If you notice the car bouncing a bit more than normal or taking a few seconds longer to settle after going over a bump, this is usually a sign of worn shocks. As for the rattling noise, a common problem on these cars is the upper control arms and lower swivel joints. If there is too much free play in these, this will cause a bit of rattling as you describe. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the shaking suspension and perform the appropriate repairs.