Q: Service power steering system light is on

Battery cables got hooked up wrong and the "power steering system" light came on.

Hi There, Any time the battery cables are hooked up incorrectly, this can cause various systems in the vehicle to trigger service warning lights. Your car has what is called an electro-hydraulic power steering. If you have access to an OBD2 scanner, you can plug this in to the OBD2 port to see if you have any codes that may have been triggered as a result. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle.