Q: Service light came on, now car won't shift

Service light came on, now car won't shift. No warnings whatsoever.

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. This can h...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. This can happen due to anything from a low voltage issue from a weak battery or failing alternator to a bad spark plug or ignition coil. I have also seen internal engine failure like bad valve seats on this engine. I usually do a compression test to start just to see if the engine is fine. If you want to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the light and parts for you.