Q: Service light came on, now car won't shift

Service light came on, now car won't shift. No warnings whatsoever.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. This can happen due to anything from a low voltage issue from a weak battery or failing alternator to a bad spark plug or ignition coil. I have also seen internal engine failure like bad valve seats on this engine. I usually do a compression test to start just to see if the engine is fine. If you want to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the light and parts for you.

3. Service light came on, now car won't shift