Q: Service engine soon notification

I bought a diagnostic tester because the service engine light came on. When I tested it, no problem showed. What do you suggest I do to get this service engine light to go off since it all test fine?

A: If the light is on then you have set a code...

If the light is on then you have set a code in the computer. The tester you got may not be able to read the code. I suggest you have the code tested to see what it is with someone who has a tester. You may have serious problems and would not know it until the system is tested. If you cleared the light and it came back on only means you have an active fault that is turning it back on as soon as your turn the key on. To further diagnose the issue you can have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come by and test your service lights for you.