Q: Service engine soon light is on could it be because we are runningn it under regular gas and not 91 premium?

The service engine soon light is on and we've been running it on regular gas will the light turn off once we start running it on 91 premium

Hi there. The service light is different than a check engine light; in the fact that the service light is typically an alert to the car owner that routine maintenance or service is due. It is possible that the change in fuel may have triggered this alert, however, it’s common for a check engine light to illuminate if there is a mechanical problem. The best way to resolve this is to have a professional mechanic complete a service light inspection, which will allow them to determine why this is on; and what needs to be done to resolve the issue.

• Service engine soon light is on could it be because we are runningn it under regular gas and not 91 premium?