Q: My steering also feels loose and my brakes need to be done.

My steering has been feeling loose for the past couple days. tonight when i got home my service advancetrac warning came on. I also know my brakes are really bad and need to be done, i have been putting them off because i have been really busy. Could this be the problem or is there something else going on?

The loose feeling in the steering may be related to the service advancetrac warning, but it is not likely the need for brake service is related to the loose steering. The suspension control system has detected a fault and a little deeper diagnosis may be necessary to track down the exact problem. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out to take a closer look at the vehicle to offer a more personal diagnosis of the advancetrac concern as well as take care of your brake service for you.

3. My steering also feels loose and my brakes need to be done.