Q: service 4 x 4 light on 2012 ram

Hello, In the past my service 4 x 4 light would come on every now and then. the 4 x 4 doesn't work when it is on. I could shut my truck off and start it again and the light went away, and the 4 x 4 works. Now the light is on all the time, and 4 x 4 doesn't work. I checked for codes with my scanner, but there are none. I'm thinking it's a control module, or transfer case motor, but I don't want to just start buying parts. Any ideas?

A generic scan tool may not access the codes for the 4x4 transfer case module and will need to use one capable to access the system to get the codes out. You may just have a programing that has to be done to the module if get code c2201 in its memory or may have more sever problems like the shift motor is bad.

3. service 4 x 4 light on 2012 ram