Q: Seriously unbearable seats are ruining my car

I really don’t understand how my 2014 Jeep Cherokee could have left the factory with the seats feeling like they do. When I test drove it I figured the seats were just new and not broken in. Plus, with it being a Jeep and all maybe that’s just how they were. Now that they are broken in, 3,500 miles into owning this new car, the seats are unbearable. You can feel the frame in the seat whenever you sit down. It’s awful. Is this a defect? If not, what can I do to remedy this?

A: The 2014 Jeep Cherokee comes in four differ...

The 2014 Jeep Cherokee comes in four different models some of which have seat trim options. The options included power or manual seats, heated seats, and having them upholstered in leather or cloth. All the options can add different levels of comfort for longer drives. Overall owners do not find any of the seats in the Jeep Cherokee models very comfortable on longer trips. There are no manufacturer listed defects that I have found, but I would recommend trying out another vehicle(same make, model, and year) at the dealer and compare. Your particular seats could have defects from production, and the only way to verify it would be to compare to seats in another car. If you find your seat to be different or harder than your test vehicle, bring this to the dealer’s attention and see what they can do for you. There are also aftermarket seat manufactures that make comfortable replacement seats.