Q: Serial communication with device 10

I hooked up an aftermarket radio in my car. I forgot to disconnect the battery and a couple wires accidentally touched and now my car won't start. I hooked up a code reader and got p1610 and p1626. I even lost function of the door locks, Windows, interior lights, mph and rpm gauge, and radio. I've put the factory radio back in and have got function back to the radio and Windows but still car doesn't start. I'm wondering what is device 10?

Hi there. The codes you listed are generic GM error codes. For example, the P1626 GM code indicates the theft Deterrent Fuel Enable Signal Not Received. Unfortunately, when aftermarket upgrades are made, the possibilities of having electrical issues like this is incredibly high. It’s for this reason among others that we don’t offer repair or service advice on aftermarket part upgrades. You might be better served to search online for GM owner forums to ask fellow Buick car owners or GM specific mechanics for their advice on this issue.

3. Serial communication with device 10