Q: Seeking an opinion on the new Forester

Hello, I am searching for a reliable, economical and gas efficient SUV and am considering a new Subaru Forester. I would like to know what has been your experience as a mechanic with the Foresters. Would you recommend one or another SUV? I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you, Mary

A: If you ask a mechanic what he prefers, then...

If you ask a mechanic what he prefers, then you may not get a complete answer since most mechanics specialize in only in one or two manufacturers and not all vehicles. This is why you see shops specialize in foreign or domestic vehicles.

You should search the year, make and model of the vehicle you are interested in and search for problems to get an idea of the problems you may encounter.