Q: See board under car

I can see a board under the bottom of the car, under the bonnet.

A: Hi. The board that is falling down under yo...

Hi. The board that is falling down under your vehicle is known as a splash shield. It was put in place to deflect as much dirt and road hazardous objects from hitting the underside of the vehicle as possible. The shields may commonly become out of place from scraping uneven road surfaces or steep driveways. Usually, when the shields are knocked out of place, they can be put back in place by the installment of new bolts or plastic clips. But at times, they will have to be discarded or replaced with a new shield. I suggest having a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, evaluate the underside of your vehicle and the to determine the degree of the damage.