Q: security light on and gauges don't work

I just had my radiator replaced and now the security light is on. It says service vehicle soon in the message center. The radio nor no gauges work anymore. What in the world could have gone wrong??? I have no clue.

Hello, thank you for writing in. One of the first steps you can take is to scan the vehicle for diagnostic codes. Typically changing out the radiator would have very little to do with any of the electrical components on the vehicle. Chances are there was another component bumped, removed for better access, or not plugged back in. With that being said, you are going to need to chase down an electrical issue. You can look over the area around the radiator so see if there is anything unplugged or damaged pertaining to the previous repair. You may also want to check the fuses, battery connections (both terminals and ground), and alternator output. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.