Q: security key programs garage door, but not security gate

I have a problem with the programming of my security key. I first programmed the garage door opener with no problem. It programmed just fine. However, it won't seem to program my security gate. I follow the instructions, but negative results is all that comes of it. “Six times” I went to the gate, parked in front of it and it never would program. Since my garage door opener programmed, why won't my security gate?

It is possible the gate has a rolling code, which will require an extra step of pressing the learning button on the gate transmitter while programming your HomeLink button. The Audi website has a customer service chat line where they can walk you through the programming. You may need a staff member from the community who has access to the gate receiver to complete the programming.

3. security key programs garage door, but not security gate