Q: security key programs garage door, but not security gate

I have a problem with the programming of my security key. I first programmed the garage door opener with no problem. It programmed just fine. However, it won't seem to program my security gate. I follow the instructions, but negative results is all that comes of it. “Six times” I went to the gate, parked in front of it and it never would program. Since my garage door opener programmed, why won't my security gate?

A: It is possible the gate has a rolling code,...

It is possible the gate has a rolling code, which will require an extra step of pressing the learning button on the gate transmitter while programming your HomeLink button. The Audi website has a customer service chat line where they can walk you through the programming. You may need a staff member from the community who has access to the gate receiver to complete the programming.