Q: Second & third row seat belts are shredding. Have you heard from anyone else with a similar problem?

The seat belts are shredding where the buckle slides on the belt. It is happening to belts in the second and third row seats. Not driver or front passenger

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are several different recalls for your make and model that revolve around the seat belts. The easiest way to look them up for your exact vehicle is online using your VIN. Most of them pertain to the seat’s sensor which turns on the airbag, and not a shredding issue. You will want to verify this however through the US Department of Transportation to make sure you address any recalls pertaining to your vehicle. While there have not been many reports, you will want to make sure any protective plastic or rubber pieces that cover that section of the belt are still in place. If you need help replacing the belts, if not covered by the manufacturer, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Second & third row seat belts are shredding. Have you heard from anyone else with a similar problem?