Q: second gen motor swap

I have a single cab 95 dodge 1500 2wd with the 5.2 130, 000 miles but the motors still good. I'm having trouble getting it registered so I bought a cab and 1/2 97 dodge 1500 2wd with 5.2 that has a bad water pump and blown head gaskets. Just got it today for 700$ but it looks good. So I'm gonna take the good motor and put it in my new truck tomorrow. I was just gonna go for it but will I have any problems? Like the ecu or pcm or whatever it is? And what should I replace besides oil coolant plugs and wires? They both have the 'y' vin motor. There's just a few things that look different but have the same plugs from the wiring harness. I'm not sure what it is but its on the driver side top right next to the throttle body. Maybe a vacuum or something? But all that little stuff should I keep it all with the same truck and computer even though I'm still changing motors?

I would recommend keeping all motor components with the same motor (i.e. ECU, wiring harness, etc.) when doing this kind of a swap to eliminate any potential problems. Although there may be some components that are interchangable, you will save a lot of time and guess work in diagnosing potential problems by keeping everything together with the good motor.

3. second gen motor swap