Q: Second cracked exhaust manifold with rumbling sound

I already have another cracked exhaust manifold. This is the 2nd one that has cracked since I bought it. The first time it happened, it was a small crack which also had a ticking sound. The current crack is larger and makes a rumbling sound, which causes my engine to sound very powerful. My repair shop told me the crack is so small that I shouldn’t be concerned about it causing any damage to the engine. Also, I live in an area where we never have cold weather. So I just endure the rumbling, but when I have clients with me in the car, it can be annoying to them. Can you give me advice as to how to fix this problem?

Hi. We will be happy to assist you with your 2003 Infiniti M45. I believe it would be best to replace the cracked exhaust manifold. Your vehicle has two exhaust manifolds. It’s likely that the one you replaced cracked before the other and now the second manifold is cracked and leaking, which is the noise you are hearing. Replacing the second manifold should resolve your problem. Have the condition of both exhaust manifold gaskets checked as well. If you want to have this verified, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the noise you are making.

3. Second cracked exhaust manifold with rumbling sound