Q: Seatbelt and airbag lights come on but go off after car warms up

After starting my car, the seatbelt and airbag lights come on, but after the car warms up they go off. What could be causing this?

Hello. The seat belt warning light will come on with the Air Bag Light if the seat belt receptacle sensor is not working. Most of the time, the sensor in the female end of the seat belt fails and causes this. I would start by scanning the air bag module for codes to see what comes up as it can possibly be something else, but this is unlikely. If you want to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose these warning lights for you.

3. Seatbelt and airbag lights come on but go off after car warms up