Q: Q: Seat belt

My front passenger and driver seat belt will come out easily but will not retract the belt when finished.

In your vehicle’s seat belt system, the belt is connected to a retractor mechanism. The retractor uses a spool, which is attached to one end of the belt. A spring applies a rotation force to the spool and allows it to wind up the belt. If the belt is not retracting, the seat belt assembly will likely require replacement. A professional can inspect and repair this problem for you. I recommend giving the pros at YourMechanic a call.

Hi there:

Sometimes the seat belt will fold up inside the seat belt pretensioner; which can cause the symptoms you’re describing. However, it could also be that the seat belt housing is jammed or damaged in other ways. This is something that should be inspected and repaired sooner rather than later for obvious safety reasons. If you need some assistance, please contact one of our professional mobile mechanics to complete your seat belt repairs.

3. Q: Seat belt