Q: Seal leaking in the turbo, smoke from the tailpipe

Hi. I took my car to the dealer and he said that my car has a seal that leaks in the turbo and there is a lot of smoke in the tailpipe. I was wondering if there is any way to decrease this smoke that is coming from tailpipe? What would be efficient to add to the oil? Thanks.

The only way to decrease the amount of smoke that your turbo is producing would be to replace the seal that is allowing oil to leak into it. I do not know of any product that can be added to your engine oil to reduce smoke that results from leaks. The best recommendation I could give for this issue would be to shop around for the best price on this repair by researching several different repair vehicles. YourMechanic offers mobile technicians who can come to your home or office and diagnose and inspect why excess smoke is coming from the exhaust.