Q: Screen is red and bluish green - 2009 Nissan GT-R

Sometimes my multi function display will fluctuate. It’s not the backlighting that’s doing this. The red color of the screen is fading and is bluish green only. It will stay bluish green for a couple of minutes and then go back to normal. I have Car Kit Co. cameras in the front and rear. If I turn them on all of the colors are there on the display, and when I switch back there’s no red. Vibrations or heat don’t cause the fluctuating, it only happens once in awhile. My screen has never gone black. Do you know what’s causing this?

A: Hello. If this occurred after the cameras w...

Hello. If this occurred after the cameras were installed, then there may be some interference occurring due to the install. It is common as this system cannot have any disruption in the circuit. If this has been occurring since before the cameras were installed, then the multifunction display is failing. The circuit board tests to have solders that fracture which will cause this to occur. This would require replacement of the entire unit. For this type of problem, it would likely be best to consult the dealer to have them pinpoint the best path to repair.