Q: Screeching grinding noise steering

When I am driving my car and turn my steering wheel sharply I hear noises. It makes a screeching grinding noise. Does it need steering wheel fluid? Do you have any ideas? Thanks.

This could be a fluid level issue or it could be a steering rack issue or pump. It may also be a steering or suspension component issue as well. Without being able to hear the sound, it is hard to make an accurate determination.

Fluid level can be checked with the steering hard to one side. Also, chassis ears may need to be used especially if it determined that the noise is coming from a steering or suspension component.

You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who has the expertise to determine the source of the noise and will be able to correct this issue.