Q: Scanner reads solenoid stuck in on position and check engine light is on

Rough ride like in lower gear shifts ok but scanner reads solenoid stuck on

A: I'm guessing you're talking about a...

I'm guessing you're talking about a shift solenoid stuck on trouble code. The shift solenoids are located in the transmission valve body and are used to direct hydraulic pressure inside the transmission, thereby controlling upshifts and downshifts. Some likely causes of a shift solenoid trouble code include a problem with the solenoid or its control circuit, a problem with the valve body or an internal mechanical transmission problem. I recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose and repair your shift solenoid issues.